Friday, September 5, 2008

That's What Friends Are For!

Walking through life alone can get down right lonely and can be trying at times. That is why we take lots of time to insure that God has anointed the relationships we are involved in. I have the most wonderful wife in the world. She is my bestest friend, but there are many people who have influenced me in life and in letterboxing. My daughter Gracy, you may know her as Godsbird, has kept me on my feet after extensive surgery on my left which included a complete knee replacement. A man is truely blessed when his wife and kids are his best friends. I am double blessed as I have made some of the most wonderful people while involved in letterboxing.

Yesterday, Thursday Sept. 4, my very good friend 4 little piggies and I kidnapped my Gracy from school and played hookie in order to go letterboxing. The hookie thing is something she and I do twice a year. It is a deal I have with her concerning her grades. She keeps them up and I allow her to skip a couple of days. Yesterday we went to SE Kentucky, to General Burnside State Park and to Cumberland Falls. We got a few boxes, had a couple of good meals and a whole lot of fun. We went through a time warpped town called Rugby, TN. It was absolutely charming. If it is possible for you to see this place, do it! One of the most amazing things I have ever seen is a rainbow created by the moon. During the full moon at Cumberland Falls the mist coming off of the water causes a moonbow. It is the only place in this hemisphere where that is possible.

My purpose for this post is to remind everyone that reads it to thank God for the people He puts in your life. Play hookie with your kids from time to time, and absorb the natural wonders He has given us to behold. Share them with your loved ones. Thanks Father.

1 comment:

Angela Schwindt said...

Hey, mstrwndl: Nice blog, great carves! I left you a message on AQ, hope to hear back from you. Yiker/Angela